Bombing In Chelsea: Possible Break As People Stopped For Questioning [VIDEO]

Bombing In Chelsea: Possible Break As People Stopped For Questioning [VIDEO]

Bombing In Chelsea: Possible Break As People Stopped For Questioning [VIDEO]

The FBI announced, via their Twitter feed, late Sunday night that a traffic stop on a “vehicle of interest” had resulted in 5 people being taken in for questioning in the Chelsea explosion of Saturday night.

Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo survey the area on Sunday morning (photo: Justin Lane/pool/EPA)
Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo survey the area on Sunday morning (photo: Justin Lane/pool/EPA)
The blast injured 29 people, and following on the heels of a bombing in New Jersey and a stabbing spree in Minnesota, nothing looked coincidental.




The discovery of a second device four blocks away from the first bomb didn’t make anyone feel better.


That second device has now been detonated, and the FBI is comparing it to the one that exploded.

And now, just a little over 24 hours later, a suspect vehicle has been identified and stopped.


Reports now say that at least 5 people are in custody for questioning.

As many as five people were taken into FBI custody Sunday night in connection with Saturday’s explosion in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, following a traffic stop on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, just off the Verrazano–Narrows Bridge, which connects the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Staten Island, law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The FBI may be looking for additional suspects, the sources tell ABC News.

As ABC News previously reported, multiple law enforcement officials tell ABC News that investigators are exploring the possibility the two explosions in New York and New Jersey are linked to the same bomber or bombers by what appear to be similar types of cell phones.

Despite CNN’s stealth editing, this was most definitely a planned bombing, and possibly a coordinated effort. That no one was hurt more seriously is simply a blessing. However, an ominous warning followed.

A 911 caller issued a chilling warning moments after the Saturday night bomb that rocked Chelsea — saying, “There will be more.’’

“I’m looking at the explosion down the block. There will be more,” the unidentified male caller threatened, law-enforcement sources told The Post Sunday.

Even if this was a prank call, it still rings true. There ARE going to be more attacks. As fellow Victory Girl Lisa said yesterday, we are weak. The country is a soft target. We were always susceptible to attacks, and if the sustained terror damage in France over the last couple of years hasn’t convinced the American public that the enemy is getting more sophisticated and better coordinated than ever before, nothing short of seeing it played out in our own cities will.

UPDATE 9:30 am EDT:
Another bomb was discovered late Sunday night in Elizabeth, New Jersey. When police tried to move it with a bomb robot, it exploded. (language warning on video)


The FBI has now identified a suspect in all three bombings: Ahmad Khan Rahami, age 28, originally from Afghanistan.


And it is being reported that his family members were the ones stopped on Sunday evening.


Victory Girls will continue to follow the developments and update as needed.

UPDATE 12:40 PM EDT:
Got him.


Two officers are reportedly wounded, but not critically, in Rahami’s shootout with police. Rahami himself is also wounded and was sent to a hospital, even though New Jersey police say he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

Congratulations to the Linden Police Department for getting this guy, and prayers for their officers’ quick recovery.

Written by

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe
Become a Victory Girl!

Are you interested in writing for Victory Girls? If you’d like to blog about politics and current events from a conservative POV, send us a writing sample here.
Ava Gardner
gisonboat
rovin_readhead