Biden Team Staying Quiet About Drone Strike
Biden Team Staying Quiet About Drone Strike
Where does the buck stop, again? Does it still stop with Joe Biden? If so, what can he possibly do or say to make this any better?
After weeks of speculation, and an extensive investigation by the New York Times, the Biden administration finally confirmed what had been suspected from the very beginning: drone strike #2, allegedly to stop a second ISIS-K attack on the Kabul airport, ended up targeting and killing an innocent family, including SEVEN CHILDREN.
“We now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died were associated with ISIS-K or a direct threat to US forces,” (United States Central Command Gen. Kenneth F.) McKenzie said of the airstrike at a briefing, following an investigation by the Military.”
“This strike was taken in the earnest belief that it would prevent an imminent threat to our forces and the evacuees at the airport, but it was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology,” Mckenzie said, adding that he is “fully responsible for this strike and this tragic outcome.”
The drone strike, which was intended to target ISIS-K operatives, resulted in the deaths of an aid worker and up to nine of his family members, including seven children. According to U.S. officials, the strike on the vehicle, formerly believed to have been a threat that included bombs and that was operated by ISIS-K militants, took place after a suicide bombing at Kabul airport in Afghanistan killed 13 U.S. service members and civilians.”
General McKenzie, at the Pentagon briefing, took “full responsibility” for the drone strike. But what does that mean in reality?
BREAKING: Gen. McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, to announce no ISIS-K fighters killed in U.S. drone strike in Kabul Aug 29. 10 civilians killed, including 7 children in Toyota. No disciplinary action expected, officials say. US military stands by intel leading to strike.
— Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) September 17, 2021
Got that, everyone? “No disciplinary action expected.” Sure, ten innocent people are dead, including seven children, but really, we did our best with zero intelligence on the ground and so that’s our bad.
So much for that “over the horizon” capability. Joe Biden sure did love this strike when it happened. General Mark Milley’s statements from September 1st about this being a “righteous strike” that was reviewed and vetted now look extremely bad, if not downright deceptive. Senator Rand Paul, who took Secretary of State Blinken to task about this drone strike (which, considering the timeline of admission, Blinken HAD to have known about the colossal screw-up by the time Paul was asking him these questions last Tuesday), had some VERY important questions after this admission that need answering.
Obama authorized individual drone killings. Is it unreasonable to ask if Biden approved this killing of an aid worker and 7 children? https://t.co/3rlb3KbutT
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) September 18, 2021
Again, WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP? Who made this call? General McKenzie takes responsibility, but WHO authorized the strike? There is no responsibility without accountability! Team Biden wanted to get some revenge for the suicide attack on the Kabul airport that killed 13 of our military, but WHO. MADE. THE. CALL. Senator Paul is correct – we should know if Joe Biden personally authorized this drone strike.
Too bad he left for the beach on Friday afternoon. Presidenting when you’re almost 80 is HARD, you know. Weekends at home in Delaware are a must, where he can eat cartons of ice cream in peace under Jill’s watchful eye. So maybe the press can ask Jen Psaki? Um, nope, there was no Friday press briefing. How convenient!
So perhaps the Biden administration plans on putting whatever spin out on the drone strike via the Sunday shows tomorrow? NOPE. It’s going to be a massive COVID push, because it’s easier to dodge and weave about booster shots than it is to explain blowing up small children.
Fauci on three shows tho! https://t.co/SNONIjljx3
— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) September 18, 2021
No one is going to be asking Fauci or Collins about a drone strike in Kabul. Again, how convenient! ABC plans on having retired Admiral Mike Mullen on – will they talk about the drone strike? Maybe, but there is NO ONE from either State or Defense showing up. They know they’ve fubar’d this situation, and all they are willing to say at this point is “sorry, our bad.” That should not be acceptable, but Team Biden is hoping to just avoid questions until the media finds another shiny object to distract them.
Here’s a test for you. If Donald Trump’s administration had killed civilians in a drone strike while attempting to get Qasem Soleimani, do you think the press would let it go? Do you think Congress would let it go? And since we all know the answer to that, why are they willing to let the Biden administration walk away from droning innocent children with a pathetic apology?
Sadly, we all know the answer to that, too.