Hammer to Fall on CNN Over Covington
Hammer to Fall on CNN Over Covington
First the Washington Post got slapped with a lawsuit over its shabby handling of the Covington students. Now it will be time for the hammer to fall on CNN. The attorney for Nick Sandmann, the teen at the heart of that fiasco, will sue the network for a hefty $250 million. Make that at least $250 million, according to attorney L. Lin Wood.
After all, says Wood, what that network did to young Sandmann was more egregious than what the WaPo did. Here’s what he told Fox host Mark Levin:
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes. It’s broadcast into their homes.”
“But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy, a young boy, with a ‘Make America Great Again’ cap on. So they go after him. . .”“They woke up on Saturday morning and started throwing punches. The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. . . But they’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days.”
There are plenty of examples of CNN’s bad behavior. For instance, the network spent the most time of any network on the original “fake” story — a total of over 18 minutes between Saturday and Sunday morning. That’s even more than far-left MSNBC did. And on Saturday night, CNN’s S.E. Cupp spewed for seven minutes on her show Unfiltered about the “mob of MAGA hat-wearing high school students.”
However, Cupp did apologize, and she posted this tweet:
Hey guys. Seeing all the additional videos now, and I 100% regret reacting too quickly to the Covington story. I wish I’d had the fuller picture before weighing in, and I’m truly sorry.
— S.E. Cupp (@secupp) January 21, 2019
So what does CNN say about the lawsuit? At this time, not a thing, according to The Hill. They reached out to the network, but received no response. In fact, Fox News has also tried to contact CNN reps, but they haven’t spoken to Fox, either.
But then again, I’m quite sure that Fox would be the last network CNN wants to speak to. After all, its president, Jeff Zucker, showed up at the South by Southwest festival on Saturday, blasting both barrels at Fox. He dubbed it a “propaganda outlet,” and also said this:
“I think the question should be, is Fox state-run TV or is the White House state-run government by Fox TV?”
He also criticized Fox journalists for working at the network:
“They chose to work at Fox and they don’t get to hide behind the fact that they’re excellent journalists or anchors. The fact is they work at a place that has done tremendous damage to this country.”
What’s especially ironic is that while Zucker was acting out his holier-than-thou routine about Fox, the news of the hammer dropping on his own brand was becoming a scoop.
Video shows a crowd of teenagers wearing ‘Make America Great Again’ hats taunting a Native American elder after Friday’s Indigenous Peoples March at the Lincoln Memorial https://t.co/ontMwCAROJ pic.twitter.com/UYkt41mPu6
— CNN (@CNN) January 20, 2019
Defiant to the end, aren’t they?
However, I’ll be surprised if CNN is made to pay out anywhere near $250 million to Nick Sandmann, although such justice would be delicious. You know how this sort of thing usually works — a flamboyant lawyer asks for the moon, and settles for something less. But the shelf life on CNN’s Trump-hatred expired long ago, and when they nearly destroyed the reputation of an innocent teenager due to their revulsion for the president, it’s about time for some payback. It’s time for the hammer to fall on CNN.