Next post
With the Democrats dragging their heels on Day 34 of the Schumer Shutdown, the Trump Administration has announced it will partially fund SNAP payments.
The Trump administration has committed to partially funding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program with a $4.65 billion payment — but using emergency funds to pay for reduced SNAP benefits could take “a few weeks to up to several months,” a top USDA official told a federal judge in a sworn court filing Monday.
The disclosure comes after a federal judge in Rhode Island ordered the Trump administration to use emergency funds to pay for SNAP amid an ongoing government shutdown by Wednesday. Following the court order on Friday, Trump said it would be his “honor” to fund the food assistance program.
In addition to the delay, the Trump administration also said it was $4 billion short of the expected $8 billion cost to fund SNAP for the month of November, in part because they are declining to tap an additional bucket of emergency funds held by the USDA, which runs SNAP.
There are many reports, particularly in the last ten days of individuals, businesses, and communities swinging into action to help provide food, not snacks and sugar, but FOOD to those in need.
At the same time, many are waking up to realize that there are GENERATIONS of people on SNAP and that there is indeed rampant fraud through the system.
"When I heard, 'Zero dollars,' my chest went into my throat."
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) November 2, 2025
New Mexico woman on food stamps for 30 years says SNAP freeze is "detrimental to my life." pic.twitter.com/VFSn9LJcXM
As VodkaPundit Stephen Green points out, staying on SNAP for 30 years is a lifestyle choice. As with many government programs, the intentions were good (I think) and were put in place to provide temporary relief. Don’t get me wrong, there are people who need SNAP as they are elderly, infirm, children, or those who have faced a sudden catastrophic loss. This does not and should not include anyone who is able-bodied and is capable of holding down a job.
As many have pointed out over these last few weeks, the Democrats have now had 14 opportunities to vote for the Clean Resolution to keep the government open, therefore keeping the funding for SNAP in place.
As I noted last week, even the federal employees unions are lambasting the Democrats for digging in and refusing to vote for the CR.
Here’s the other kicker to this. The rampant fraud that is being uncovered in the SNAP program.
A Rhode Island man, who had a six-figure salary as a state employee and is in the National Guard, was charged with wrongfully obtaining more than $17,000 in SNAP food assistance benefits, according to court documents.
Rhode Island State Police charged Dukenson Merisier, 37, of North Providence, with obtaining money by false pretenses.
In court documents obtained by WJAR, investigators accused Merisier of underreporting his income to fraudulently obtain SNAP benefits he was not eligible for during a two year period from 2022 to 2024.
How many are on SNAP and don’t meet the guidelines for the program? Too many. USDA Secretary Brook Rollins lays it out for us.
First, for the Democrats whining about using the contingency fund to keep the money flowing, that fund CANNOT be used unless the parent fund is…funded!
https://twitter.com/OffThePress1/status/1984264768257978676
Furthermore, that fund is ALSO there in case food needs to be disbursed if a natural disaster happens. The Democrats absolutely know that, but hope their constituents won’t wake up to that fact.
Here’s something else about this. The federal government sends SNAP funds to the states. The states have been able to disburse those funds without issuing any reports back to the USDA. That changed this last February.
We sent letters to every governor in America being very clear that no illegal aliens can use SNAP, zero, zero, zero. We asked every state for the first time in history, this was in February, to send us their data,” Rollins said during an interview on “Fox & Friends Weekend.”
She added that so far only 29 states have complied with the request, but Rollins said even that limited data has already revealed significant misuse.
“We have found thousands and thousands of illegal use of the EBT card, we have been moving people off of SNAP, we’ve got about 700,000 people that we’ve moved off SNAP since the president took office, and we’ve arrested about 118 people,” Rollins said.
She added that investigators also discovered about 5,000 dead people who were still receiving benefits.
And, they haven’t finished auditing the info from those 29 states. Can you imagine what the numbers would be if all 50 states complied??!!
https://twitter.com/sherree_r/status/1985328804248645764
Keep in mind, there are about 42 MILLION people on SNAP. How many of them aren’t actually eligible? How many are gaming the system to get the food and sell it on the black market? I fear the numbers are higher than we realize. And that fraud hurts the people who truly DO need a program like SNAP.
The Democrats don’t care. They really don’t.
https://twitter.com/fuzzychimpcom/status/1985416775341654073
Exactly.
Every single Democrat owns this shutdown. Every. Single. One.
They are putting their animosity about Trump ahead of actually serving their constituents. I hope people are paying attention.
Feature Photo Credit: SNAP sign via iStock, cropped and modified
The emergency funds available are roughly 60% of the monthly payouts. So, the recipients will feel short changed. At least some will realize that the Dems are responsible for that, which will cost the Dems votes.
And while the federal judges have a fig leaf that they can argue that Congress appropriated the emergency funds so the Administration can be ordered to spend them on SNAP, there’s no additional amounts Congress appropriated for SNAP benefits. Instead, the Anti-Deficiency Act prohibits spending money unless there is an appropriation, and makes doing so a crime. Judge. Even federal judges cannot order someone to commit a crime. That’s a quick reversal.
However, what this has done is make clear that is since 1/8th of all children are now covered by SNAP, which program grew significantly under Biden, what an out of control boondoggle the program is. This kind of attention is something the Dems will try to prevent.
It’s time for a complete review of all recipients of SNAP benefits: how many and what type of phones, TV subscriptions they have and how much they cost?….what brand of sneakers their kids are wearing and how much they cost?…who, and where are the fathers of all children receiving public assistance and how much support are they providing?…along with other such questions to determine just who should receive public assistance and how much. Those in genuine need should be helped…..grifters should not!!!
2 Comments