The Comey hearing on Thursday June 8, 2017 was one for the books. The bars and watch parties started off with a beer and mimosa-infused bang!
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 8, 2017
The media breathlessly reported, He’s HERE! when James Comey walked in the door.
Comey started talking. And the surprises started rolling in.
- President Trump didn’t order Comey to drop Flynn investigation
- President Trump didn’t order Comey to drop Russia investigation
- Comey made decisions off of “feelings” and “hope” not facts
- President Trump was never under investigation
- AG Loretta Lynch obstructed justice regarding Hillary emails
- NY Times had their news story totally utterly debunked by Comey
- Comey decided, based upon a tweet by President Trump, to leak memos
With 1/3 of Comey’s testimony under way, the bar drinking watch parties came to a screeching halt as even those who aren’t fans of Trump realized all the ‘there there gotcha’s’ were nothing but smoke and mirrors.