The U.S. Army is set to decide whether Pvt. Bowe Bergdahl is entitled to as much as $300,000 in back pay and other benefits he amassed during his captivity with the Taliban. [Emphasis Added]
Let’s stop right there. Let’s recap the little jerk’s antics shall we?
- Bergdahl didn’t like being in the Army
- Bergdahl thought he’d smile, look purdy, fire his weapon once in a while and get all sorts of medals and rewards. He didn’t.
- Bergdahl decided he didn’t like the FOB he was stationed at. Didn’t like the military politics and the U.S. political landscape at the time and threw a tantrum.
- Bergdahl took off his uniform, folded everything very neatly on his bunk and walked off base leaving everything including his weapons behind. He did so ON PURPOSE.
- Bergdahl wanted to make political points by deserting and supposedly the Army chain of command would listen.
- Instead fellow soldiers spent the next few weeks and months looking for his scrawny ass and getting blown up and killed while doing so!
These men came home in a flag draped coffin because of Bergdahl’s asinine temper tantrum.
Berdgahl, meanwhile, got to be a guest of the Taliban for 5 years. Was he a prisoner? Yes. Was he a prisoner of war? IMO…NO.
The confirmation hearings of Neil Gorsuch have taught us two things. First, Gorsuch is an impressive judge and an upright man who has showed amazing grace under…
Marilyn Mosby is NOT a happy camper right now. Judge Williams just announced his verdict in the case of Officer Caesar Goodson. The Baltimore Police van driver…