i have been listening to talk radio this afternoon abit and a few notable conservatives including newt gingrich have been giving signals saying that maybe its time to redefine what conservatism is and to fine tune it for a new generation. excuse me? good grief! the principles of conservatism are timeless such as:
1. small government – “WE have a government not the other way around” (Ronald Reagan)
2. lower taxes – trusting the american taxpayer to make the best decisions on how to spend their $$
3. strong national defense — including our borders i might add
4. life is a God given right
5. the Constitution means what it says…. it doesn’t need periodical tweeking to keep up with the times.
and these are just a few! redefining conservatism to make room for a weak slate of republican candidates is disturbing at best. wouldn’t it be better to force aka strongly suggest the candidates rise to the occasion?
and there is this one…
and then of course my favorite…