I may or may not watch the State of the Union address tonight — I haven’t quite decided if I want to be simultaneously bored and outraged tonight. But I’m still thinking of all of you, dear readers, and I know that getting through the speech tonight will be near agony. So how do you make it bearable? Easy: the 2011 SOTU Drinking Game!
I polled the readers on my Facebook, and here are the rules we came up with. Every time you see or hear one of these things, DRINK!
- Every time Obama says “let me be clear”
- Every time Obama says “make no mistake”
- Every time Obama says “for too long”
- Every time the camera zooms into Michelle
- Every time Nancy Pelosi pops out of her seat cheering wildly
- Every time Obama says “unprecedented”
- Every time Obama says “the previous administration”
- Every time Obama mentions inheriting something
- Every time Obama mentions an investment
- Every time Obama says “historic”
- Every time Obama talks about civility, rhetoric, or the new tone
- Every time the speech gets interrupted by wild applause
- Mandatory double shot if Boehner cries
- Every time Joe Biden nods his head; double shot if Biden falls asleep
- Every time you hear the word “bipartisan”
Now, for the really daring among you, here are the hard core rules:
- Every time Obama says “uh”, “um”, or stammers, drink.
- Every time Obama says “I”, “me”, or “my”, drink.
Careful with those last two though, that could potentially lead to food poisoning!
UPDATE: So, against what was undoubtedly better judgement, I’ve decided to watch the SOTU address, and even better — I’ll be liveblogging it here. Well, I’ll be liveblogging in Twitter, which you can tune in to here. Make sure to join the conversation and have your bottle of whiskey handy!
Originally posted at David Horowitz’s Newsreal: One of the biggest news stories this week has been the exposure of Dr. Kermit Gosnell’s house of horrors masquerading as…
Meet Benjamin Matthew Chesser, the pre-born child of Matt and Cassy Chesser. His daddy Matt is one of our bravest — a Marine currently deployed to Afghanistan….
House Republicans made good on their promise to repeal Obamacare today, and somewhere, Harry Reid is curled in a fetal position crying. The House voted on Wednesday…
Originally posted at David Horowitz’s Newsreal: Last weekend, we all watched in horror as news of a horrific tragedy played across our television screens. A psychotic gunman…
Have you seen this anti-Palin poster? It’s by street artist Eddie Colla and it’s all the rage in San Francisco. Progressive Poster of Sarah Palin in San…
Everyone is buzzing about the Tucson pep rally memorial service yesterday. The consensus seems to be that Obama was presidential and gave a wonderful speech that hit…
While discussing the Tucson shooting Tuesday night on Jay Leno’s show, Bill Maher had a lot of his normal uber-liberal garbage to spew: the NRA should be…
If the last few days are any indication, leftists need division to survive and I’m quite certain this video from Sarah Palin on the Blood Libel that…